Free Course | Elementary Teachers
Coursera is going to be hosting a free online course for Elementary Teachers, starting 6th Aug 2013.
About the Course
Developing mastery in establishing and maintaining a rich learning environment is one of the great joys of being a teacher. This course will provide high leverage strategies, resources, and support for professional growth so that you can provide students with the engaging, safe environment essential for student learning. This course is aligned to the needs of Elementary Grade teachers (self-contained K-6, or teaching the same set of students usually under 12 years old). This course will teach you how to implement research-based strategies in the following areas:
- Setting and communicating high expectations for students;
- Building positive relationships with and between students;
- Organizing the learning environment;
- Behavioral preventions and interventions; and
- Establishing and maintaining routines and procedures that support student learning.
Stellar classrooms don’t just happen—they’re created with the kind of intentional planning and preparation this course offers so that you and your students can be successful from the start!
Visit First Year Teaching (Elementary Grades) – Success from the Start to sign-up for the course.
Hope to see you in class!